Curtis Dean, CPA, MST, CGMA, began his career in public accounting decades ago. His background in taxation includes serving as the senior vice-president in charge of tax research and special projects at Allen, Gibbs & Houlik and most recently as a shareholder at M&L CPAs Chartered. He joined the Adams Brown team as a Partner and the Strategic Tax Services Leader in 2020 after M&L CPAs Chartered merged with Adams Brown.
Many seek out Curtis’ expertise as a tax guru when they encounter complex tax situations in Kansas and Missouri. He specializes in transactional tax consulting and compliance as well as trust, estate, and business structure tax planning. The major industries he serves include healthcare, retail, oil & gas, and manufacturing.
Originally inspired to pursue taxation as a career by a teacher and mentor, Curtis thoroughly enjoys helping individuals and businesses set and reach their goals. You will often hear him recommend to clients, “Manage your tax risk domestically and internationally.” He stays involved in the local community through Toastmasters, Wichita Estate Planning Council, and World Trade Council of Wichita, Inc.
Curtis resides in Wichita, Kansas with his wife, Janet. He has two sons and two lovely granddaughters. Outside of the office, his hobbies include public speaking, tai chi, and spending time with his family.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Kansas
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Toastmasters International
- DePaul University
- Master of Science in Taxation (MST) with Distinction
- Missouri Western State University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Cum Laude)
- The Ohio State University
- AACSB Bridge Program, Accounting Educator/Teacher