Staff Tax Accountant
- Kansas: Wichita, Overland Park, Hays, Great Bend, Colby, McPherson, Hutchinson
- Arkansas: Jonesboro, Little Rock
Job Type: Full-time | FLSA Status: Exempt
Staff Tax Accountant Position Summary
The individual in this position prepares tax returns, standard accounting work papers and statements, and other financial reports. The individual in this position also prepares basic statistical and account analyses. He/she is familiar with tax standard concepts, practices, and procedures. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Staff Tax Accountant Requirements
Required Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field with 0-3 years in relevant position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares tax returns and conducts tax research
- Compiles, prepares, and maintains financial data and records in compliance with established policies and procedures
- Prepares a variety of detailed accounting and statistical functions relating to tax preparation
- Prepares work papers that are organized, neat, cross-referenced and supported by conclusions
- Compiles raw data into trial balance, including recapping cash receipts and disbursements
- Uses reference materials in researching accounting issues
- Maintains accurate time and expense records to ensure proper billing of clients
- Complies with relevant continuing professional education requirements
- Enhances the firm image by demonstrating “executive presence”. This means instilling confidence in those you meet by manner, spoken and written word and professional appearance
- Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of firm and client information
- Effectively communicate through oral and written means
- Client service oriented
- Commitment to the profession and the firm
- Aptitude to learn and effectively use multiple software applications
- Ability to apply principles of accounting to analyze and prepare financial information
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate confidence and good judgment when interacting with colleagues, supervisors, and clients
- Ability to work well with others
Staff Tax Accountant Working Environment
Adams Brown, LLC. promotes a flexible work environment with a deep commitment to technology and modern work arrangements. Our offices are open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday throughout tax season and our office close at noon on Fridays outside of tax season. We are closed on major holidays, offer substantial paid-time-off, a comprehensive benefit package, competitive pay structure, and a culture of growth, clarity, and respect.
AdamsBrown, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.