Audit Senior Staff GASB Accountant
- Kansas: Wichita, Overland Park, Hays, Great Bend, Colby, McPherson, Hutchinson
- Arkansas: Jonesboro, Little Rock
Job Type: Full-time | FLSA Status: Exempt
Audit Senior Staff GASB Accountant Position Summary
The Audit Senior Staff is expected to correctly perform routine engagement procedures in a timely and professional manner. Individual must be able to meet assigned deadlines. An Audit Senior Staff is familiar with audit standard concepts, practices and procedures. He/she may lead and direct the work of others and relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Audit Senior Staff GASB Accountant Requirements
Required Experience and Education
Governmental auditing experience is desired, as is experience in Yellow Book and Single Audits. A current and valid CPA license is required or actively working toward CPA certification. Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or bachelor’s degree with the 150-hour requirement to sit for the CPA exam. 3-5 years in relevant position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares audit workpapers and conducts audit research as needed
- Prepares a variety of detailed accounting and statistical functions relating to auditing
- Effectively manages responsibilities on audit engagements
- Uses reference materials in researching auditing issues
- Develops an understanding of the audit client’s industry and marketplace
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with audit team members, and enhance service delivery
- Maintains accurate time and expense records to ensure proper billing of clients
- Complies with relevant continuing professional education requirements of the AICPA, State Board of Accountancy, Governmental Accounting Standards, and the firm
- Enhances the firm image by demonstrating “executive presence”. This means instilling confidence in those you meet by manner, spoken and written word and professional appearance
- Works closely with partners, managers and staff to integrate practice development skills into a team approach to client service and new business development
- Maintains strong client service relationships and cross-sell services as appropriate
- Demonstrates knowledge of all technical aspects of the job, including related knowledge of necessary systems and procedures
- Demonstrates advanced technical knowledge effectively through written and verbal communication; seeks to continuously develop communication skills
- Increasingly builds knowledge base on the firm’s industry lines and service offerings
- Promotes the ideas, values, mission and vision of the firm and supports the one-firm concept
- Proactively seeks knowledge, new tasks and responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Professional and mature attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of firm and client information
- Effectively communicate through oral and written means
- Client service oriented
- Commitment to the profession and the firm
- Aptitude to learn and effectively use multiple software applications
- Ability to apply principles of accounting to analyze and prepare financial information
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate confidence and good judgment when interacting with colleagues, supervisors and clients
- Ability to work well with others
Audit Senior Staff GASB Accountant Working Environment
Adams Brown, LLC promotes a flexible work environment with a deep commitment to technology and modern work arrangements. Our offices are open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday through January through April 15th and close at noon on Fridays April 15th through December 31st.
We are closed on major holidays, offer substantial paid-time-off, a comprehensive benefit package, competitive pay structure, and a culture of growth, clarity, and respect.
Additional hours are required to meet client expectations and needs. There may be occasional overnight travel out-of-town.
AdamsBrown, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.