Audit Manager GASB
Adams Brown office locations include:
- Kansas: Wichita, Overland Park, Hays, Great Bend, Colby, McPherson, Hutchinson
- Arkansas: Jonesboro, Little Rock
Job Type: Full-time | FLSA Status: Exempt
Audit Manager GASB Position Summary
The Audit Manager is expected to correctly perform routine engagement procedures in a timely and professional manner and will both prepare and review audits engagement. Individual must be able to meet assigned deadlines or budgets and provide advanced warning of variances. An Audit Manager is familiar with audit standard concepts, practices, and procedures. He/she trains and encourages staff members not only on a day-to-day basis, but also for the long-term by serving as a mentor; this requires balancing assigned workload between self and staff. He/she must be able to provide forward-looking services that are creative and innovative.
Audit Manager GASB Requirements
Required Experience and Education
Governmental auditing experience is desired, as is experience in Yellow Book and Single Audits. A current and valid CPA license is required. Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs and respective state societies. 5-7 years’ experience of related work experience, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of projects, preferably with approximately 4 of those years served as an auditor with a public accounting firm. Needs excellent project management skills, advanced written and verbal communication skills, dedication to teamwork and leadership and integrity within a professional environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Work alongside audit partners, principals, and/or audit senior managers to develop/maintain strong working relationships with key business decision makers throughout the year to communicate value and inform them of the firm’s scope of services
- Provide guidance/expertise and participation in the performance of audit procedures
- Research technical accounting and auditing topics as they arrive
- Responsible for supervising and reviewing the work of others
- Demonstrate excellence in people development, leadership, and professionalism
- Collaborate with audit seniors to plan objectives and determine an audit strategy that appropriately addresses risk
- Successfully monitor the audit engagement team against both the original audit plan and the budget and alter if necessary
- Demonstrates an understanding of the audit client’s industry and marketplace
- Begin to develop people by effectively delegating to all levels of the audit team staff and by encouraging audit team members to make determinations and take responsibility for their contribution to the audit team
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with audit team members, and enhance service delivery
- Consistently applies effective project management skills in order to plan and coordinate multiple engagements
- Demonstrates advanced technical knowledge effectively through written and verbal communication; seeks to continuously develop communication skills
- Begin to generate new business opportunities by assisting in developing ideas and solutions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Leads by example exhibiting integrity, energy, enthusiasm, dedication, and commitment
- Professional and mature attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of firm and client information
- Effectively communicate through oral and written means
- Client service oriented
- Effectively manage people with poise and professionalism
- Promotes the vision, missions, and core values of the firm and supports the one-firm concept
- Demonstrates the ability to properly delegate and manage workload and train others on the proper delegation and management of work
- Aptitude to learn and effectively use multiple software applications
- Ability to apply principles of accounting to analyze and prepare financial information
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate confidence and good judgment when interacting with colleagues, supervisors and clients
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work well with others
Audit Manager GASB Working Environment
Adams Brown, LLC promotes a flexible work environment with a deep commitment to technology and modern work arrangements. Our offices are open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday through January through April 15th and close at noon on Fridays April 15th through December 31st.
We are closed on major holidays, offer substantial paid-time-off, a comprehensive benefit package, competitive pay structure, and a culture of growth, clarity, and respect.
Additional hours are required to meet client expectations and needs. There may be occasional overnight travel out-of-town.
AdamsBrown, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.