SafeSend Returns Frequently Asked Questions
A: You should first check your junk or spam folder in your email account. If you can’t find the access code in you either of these folders, try searching your email for firstname.lastname@example.org. Sometimes email accounts hide items they’ve labeled spam or junk, which can make them difficult to find. If you do not receive your code within the 20-minute time limit, please request another code.
- Q: Will SafeSend Returns work on any device that has internet connection? Is there a SafeSend Returns app for my smartphone?
A: There is currently no SafeSend Returns app available, but the signature process can be completed on any computer, smartphone, or tablet within a web browser, if you’re connected to the internet.
A: For best results, we recommend using Google Chrome rather than Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
For the best results we recommend using Chrome browser instead of Explorer or Edge. If you run into issues with items not loading, follow these steps.
- Make sure you’re using Google Chrome (rather than Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge).
- If the loading issue continues in Google Chrome, try clearing your cached images:
- Click the three dots in the upper right-hand corner ()
- Select “More tools”
- Click “Clear browser data”
- Use the “Basic” tab
- In the Time Range drop-down menu, select “All time”
- Make sure to check the “Cached images and files” option
- Click “Clear data”
A: Yes. However, if you’re using a smartphone or tablet, you may not be able to download and print your return while you’re reviewing and electronically signing. Don’t worry though, you can always download and print your return from your personal computer later. Your documents will be stored securely in SafeSend Returns for you to access for 7 years.
A: If estimated payments are included in your review copy, you will automatically receive an email reminder seven days before your payment is due.
A: ABBB will return your source documents to you in a separate mailing. You can also stop by and pick up the documents next time you are in the office.
A: Yes. Email notifications will be sent from ABBB at email@example.com. To make sure the email doesn’t get marked as spam or junk, we recommend adding this email address to your whitelist (safelist).
A: Yes. SafeSend Returns uses a secure system for you to view and sign your e-file authorization form(s). To confirm you’re using a secure website, look for the S in HTTPS:// at the beginning of the site URL that stands for secure. You should also see a locked padlock symbol in your browser’s URL bar that lets you know you’re using a secure site.
- Q: Where do the identity verification questions come from? What if I don’t know or can’t remember the answers?
The identity verification questions come from government and credit sources. Example question topics could include where you lived in a specific year or when you bought a vehicle or piece of property. If the questions do not apply to you, choose the answer that lets SafeSend Returns know the question isn’t applicable. If you don’t know the answers to the questions or answer incorrectly, you won’t be able to electronically sign your e-file authorization form(s). If this happens, you can print, sign, and return your e-file authorization forms to ABBB.
A: Yes. You can use SafeSend Returns to electronically sign your individual e-file authorization form(s), giving permission for your tax return to be e-filed. However, it does NOT actually file your return with the IRS. Once you’ve signed through Safe Send Returns, ABBB is automatically notified and will complete the filing process for you, including submission to the IRS.
- Q: If my spouse and I file our individual return jointly, are we both able to e-sign the e-file authorization form(s)?
A: There are three ways to sign suing SafeSend Returns or spouses who file jointly:
- If you and your spouse both have email addresses on file, you’ll both receive messages with links to see your tax return and sign the appropriate e-file authorization paperwork. You won’t receive the emails simultaneously. One spouse will receive a link with identity verification questions specific to him or her. After successfully answering the questions and signing the e-file authorization form(s), he or she will be asked to input their spouse’s email address. After that, your spouse will receive an email and follow the same process of answering verification questions and then signing the appropriate form(s).
- What if only one of us has an email address on file? The one with an email on file will receive the link with questions to verify your identity. Then you’ll sign the e-authorization form(s) and enter your spouse’s email address. He or she will receive and email with a link with specific verification questions. Once your spouse electronically signs the e-file authorization form(s), ABBB will be notified that signing is complete.
- What if we share an email address? The primary signer will receive a link with verification questions first. After you’ve signed the e-authorization paperwork, you can re-enter the shared email address again. This will generate a new link that will be emailed to your spouse to verify his or her identity and then also sign the e-file authorization forms.
A: Your dependent’s return will also be delivered using SafeSend Returns. Everyone must answer identity verification questions that are generated from government and credit sources. Therefore, some dependents may not have enough government and financial data available for identity verification questions to be generated. As a result, you may not be able to complete the e-signature successfully for your dependent. If this is the case, your dependent will be able to to download and sign their forms, then scan upload the signed copy to SafeSend Returns. Signed forms can also be mailed or faxed to ABBB as well.
A: Signing electronically is a way to save you time and provide extra convenience. However, you’re welcome to print, sign, and mail back your e-file form(s) if that’s your preference. You can also print, sign, and upload the signed form to SafeSend Returns to save postage.
- Q: Will I receive confirmation that my individual e-file authorization form(s) were submitted successfully?
A: Yes. Once you sign your e-file authorization form(s), you will receive an email confirming successful submission. The email will also include a link to download a copy of your tax return to keep for your records.
A: Under some circumstances, you may need to print and mail information to government authorities. Some common examples include tax and estimate payment vouchers, annual reports, and local income tax returns. If forms need to be printed and mailed, you will receive clear instructions on what you need to do. If you prefer not to mail payments, you’ll be provided with options to make tax payments electronically.