CAS Accounting Manager
- Kansas: Wichita, Overland Park, Hays, Great Bend, Colby, McPherson, Hutchinson
- Arkansas: Jonesboro, Little Rock
Job Type: Full-time | FLSA Status: Exempt
CAS Accounting Manager Position Summary
The CAS Accounting Manager will be tasked with leading and managing various aspects of the engagement responsibilities for our clients. This position provides the opportunity to work directly with A-level client contacts, exposure to a variety of industries, and the opportunity to work within a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
The CAS Accounting Manager will be responsible for leading, managing, and executing multiple engagements simultaneously amongst our clients. This role will involve, among many tasks:
- Developing work plans, project timelines, and key milestones.
- Performing/reviewing core functions of client finance and accounting operations: key account reconciliations, month-end close procedures, preparation of financial statements, etc.
- Performing Outsourced Controller services for A level clients
- Supervising an accounting staff, external or internal.
- Managing regulatory requirements and internal reporting deadlines.
- Communicating frequently and effectively with client contacts.
- Executing projects in a timely, efficient manner.
- Identifying client issues/deficiencies and assist with recommending solutions.
- Assisting with ad-hoc tax and/or consulting engagements.
- Taking ownership over internal firm initiatives.
The CAS Accounting Manager role is ideal for an ambitious, detail-oriented accounting professional with passion for client service and an entrepreneurial spirit. In addition to the opportunity to gain valuable experience working amongst clients varying in size and opportunity, this position provides the opportunity to help our firm leadership develop and implement continued best practices to leverage amongst our clients and position our department for growth. This role will also provide the opportunity to work across multiple Adams Brown lines of service and expand their overall breadth of professional knowledge. There are expectations that this role will occasionally work extended hours and weekends, but typically, a 40-hour work week is expected year-round, and is a position that rewards efficiency & productivity.
CAS Accounting Manager Requirements
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall day-to-day management and oversight of client engagements.
- Performing/reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Reviewing client financial information and general ledger detail for the purposes of completeness. accuracy, and proper account classification.
- Preparing of financial statements and key management reports for reporting purposes.
- Recurring project management/administrative duties and functionalities.
- Supervising and management of accounting staff.
- Ad hoc client consultations.
- Ability to assist with forensic accounting and other advisory engagements, if/when necessary.
- Assisting with firm initiatives and other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Characteristics
- 4-7 years of demonstrated experience.
- Active CPA license preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Prior success managing projects and people.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and critical thinking skills.
- Highly motivated and the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented and the ability to prioritize and focus in a high-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- A passion for client service.
- Ability to excel under tight deadlines.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
CAS Accounting Manager Working Environment
Adams Brown, LLC. promotes a flexible work environment with a deep commitment to technology and modern work arrangements. Our offices are open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday through tax season and close at noon on Fridays outside of tax season. We are closed on major holidays, offer substantial paid-time-off, a comprehensive benefit package, competitive pay structure, and a culture of growth, clarity, and respect.
AdamsBrown, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.